Felixstowe Town Council announces £100 photo competition to mark the first anniversary of its award winning website.
Felixstowe Town Council’s redesigned website www.felixstowe.gov.uk was launched on 10th July 2016 and to celebrate its first anniversary the Town Council has decided to give it a face-lift.
The website won the Suffolk Association of Local Councils’ Website of the Year award and was praised, not just for information about the Town Council, its meetings, Councillors, staff and services, but for the wealth of information about Felixstowe, Council’s partners and other key local sites such as www.visitfelixstowe.co.uk.
The Town Council was awarded £100 for the modern and mobile responsive site and has decided to use this money as a competition prize to find a new background photo.
Mayor of Felixstowe, Cllr Jan Garfield said: “We are looking for a new image for the website that really captures the essence of Felixstowe. Council decided to use the £100 we were awarded for Website of the Year as the competition prize but the winner will also have the prestige of their photograph being the main image on our website.”
“The competition is open to everybody and we will consider any photo submitted before 14th September provided it meets the rules. However we would recommend taking a look at our website first as the winning photo does need to complement the layout of the site.”
The winning photo will be used as the new homepage background and £100 awarded to the photographer who took it. Entrants must have full rights to the supplied image and give permission for the Town Council to use it.
OFFICIAL RULES / TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE PHOTO COMPETITION
The photo competition will run up until 13th September 2016. All entrants who supply a photo by 5pm on 13th September will be considered for the prize, subject to the following conditions:
- The image should be clearly of Felixstowe and can be taken from a normal camera or a smartphone but must be of good quality with a minimum resolution of 1600×950 pixels. Entrants should consider the practicality of the image on the website. For example, the current image works well because the top is a uniform colour and therefore blends seamlessly into a plain background – it is also not too ‘busy’.
- Entrants are able to submit no more than 3 entries.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere. Entrants must confirm that the photograph they are submitting is their own work.
- Photos should not include the following: images that involve illegal activity; nudity; product advertising.
- Entries should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the photographer’s name, address and a contact phone number. Postal entries will also be accepted as long a digital version is available, in case you win.
- By submitting your photograph you are giving Felixstowe Town Council the rights to use the image for their purposes.
- Entry in to the competition will is subject to acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time of 5pm on 13th September. We regret that we are unable to accept entries after the closing date.
Photos should be sent to the following address for postal entries:
Felixstowe Town Council