We have been advised by Highways England that the Orwell Bridge will be closed for planned maintenance work to replace bridge joints and carry out carriageway repairs from 14th October. Specific details are as follows:
- The closures are going in on the 14th, 15th, and 16th October for Eastbound.
- The closures are going in on the 17th, 18th, and 21st October for Westbound.
- Contingency in place for the 22nd October.
- No work on the 23rd October as Ipswich playing at home.
- Depending on the traffic count the closures will go in for each day the earliest at 21:00hrs.
- The closures be lifted for each day expected at 05:00hrs.
- The closures are on weekday nights only.
- Emergency vehicles will be allowed through the closure when on a call.
A diversion route will be in place whilst the closure is in place as follows (clicking the image will open/download a full-scale pdf):